All pregnancies can be at risk for complications. And, according to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, birth defects affect one in every 33 babies born in the U.S. each year. Several factors can put a woman and her baby at a higher risk — including the mother’s age, current medical condition, personal and family health history, and multiple births.
At the Fetal Diagnostic Center, our experienced health care team helps parents effectively access and manage these types of “high-risk pregnancies” — a pregnancy that threatens the health or life of the mother or her fetus.
Our services involve advanced assessments and in-depth screenings, which are designed to help us determine the health and condition of babies before birth, and to begin evaluating treatment options so that parents can be as prepared as possible following birth.
Our wide range of prenatal screening services enables our team to accurately determine the well-being of the mother and her fetus, and to accurately assess the risk of conditions, such as chromosomal anomalies and heart defects. Learn more about our services, which include:
- Genetic amniocentesis
- Cerclage placement
- Chorionic villus sampling
- Fetal shunt placement and bladder drainage
- Non-stress testing
- Percutaneous umbilical cord blood sampling (PUBS)
- Detailed (Level II) fetal ultrasound
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Comprehensive genetic consultation for a variety of indications including, but not limited to advanced maternal age, abnormal genetic screening results, structural birth defects and teratogenic exposures.
- Analysis of your family history for genetic disorders and reproductive risk factors.
- Education for families regarding options for noninvasive genetic screening versus diagnostic testing.
- Facilitates appropriate subspecialty care in context of known maternal and/or fetal genetic disorder.
With our advanced 3D/4D obstetric ultrasound technology, our dedicated team of specialized providers and parents can see their fetus in incredible detail! In addition to providing a 3D image of a fetus, our ultrasound technology adds real-time motion — so providers and parents alike can see the baby’s immediate movements. While this may offer an incredible bonding experience for mothers, 3D/4D ultrasounds are extremely effective in detecting pregnancy anomalies. Learn more about our services designed to detect such issues as:
- Malformation, abnormalities and birth defects
- Fetal cardiac defects
- Genetic disorders
- Fetal and heart development
- Bladder and cervical issues
- Early pregnancy complications and preterm delivery
- Multiple gestations
In addition to prenatal and obstetric screenings, we also offer comprehensive gynecologic imaging services — from hysterosonography to 3D/4D pelvic ultrasounds — that deliver superior image quality and diagnostic capabilities. 3D/4D pelvic ultrasounds are uniquely accurate for the identification of certain abnormalities of the uterus, such as a bicornuate uterus. Learn more about our state-of-the-art imaging services that enable providers to effectively diagnose, measure and monitor a wide range of women’s gynecologic needs:
- Identifying issues involving pelvic pain and abnormal bleeding
- Detecting fertility issues
- Identifying uterine malformations such as bicornuate, septate, etc
- Measuring gynecologic tumors, cysts, fibroids and polyps
- Identifying bladder issues
- Aiding and monitoring cancer treatments
- Measuring Bladder and prostate volume
At the Fetal Diagnostic Center, our ultimate goal is to provide accurate, effective screening and diagnoses in a comfortable, caring environment.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact us.